Monday, May 10, 2010

A year ago tonight...

Tomorrow is the big day for the twins...1st Birthday!!! It is 10:00 pm, and exactly one year ago we were on the way to the hospital. I have been thinking all day about what we were doing a year ago, and how we went along the entire day with no idea what events would follow that night. I can't remember what we did that day, but I can remember that night very well. We were doing what we did most nights when Jeff was home, laying in bed watching TV, that is about all I could do at that point, and even that was uncomfortable. I could not stay awake for anything so I was dozing off and then I jumped a bit, Jeff asked me why I did that. I told him one of the babies kicked me really funny and it woke me up, well come to find out it wasn't a kick. Ready or not they were on their way!!! Jeff got Ethan out of bed and carried him to the Suburban and we off, off so fast we forgot to grab Ethan shoes*oops*. Ethan stayed at grandma's while we were waiting for his new brothers to arrive. We got to the hospital and I was a bit nervous to say the least, I had no idea what was going to happen, when, or how long it was going to take. I got in a room and got settled in and from there it just seemed like no time at all and next thing I new there we were it was time to finally meet our 2 little monkeys. I was hoping and kind of expecting things to go smoothly and there was no way anybody was sticking a needle into my spine, yeah that was a bad idea. Dylan came to meet the us at 3:31 am he oh what a cutie he was and what a relief it was to see him, but then we got the news that Ashton had flipped and they were going to have to put me under for an emergency Cesarean. I was petrified of having a Cesarean but at this point I was so tired, and the anesthesiologist kept telling me they were going to put me out, I remember at one point telling her I was ready. I was tired, in major pain, and ready to be knocked out. Ashton came at 3:46 am, but the poor boy wasn't met by his mama or his daddy who got kicked out of the operating room for the procedure *sad*. I am not sure what time it was when I finally woke up to meet them, but I remember being half awake and having Jeff put them next to me I couldn't even hold them but it was wonderful just to see them. So that is what this family was up to a year ago tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment