Monday, July 19, 2010

Finally Some Us...

I have thought about changing the name of this blog so many times, because really at times it just doesn't seem to fit, All About Us... and the things we love to do together.  Then I think it is about "us", we are just aren't always able to all the things "we love to do together" like we use to.  Jeff and I had a wonderful opportunity to go do something that we love to do together on our aanniversary, we took a night to camp and fish just us, with no kids.  It was the most fun I have had for what seems like forever, it was so nice just to relax and fish and spend some time together like we use to.  We even got to watch a thunderstorm roll in and I got my shots of lightening I have been wanting to get, it was an amazing time and it was great to enjoy taking some pictures and having Jeff there with me too.  I definitely think this is something we need to do more of, I am thinking at least once a month we need to get out just us and do something to get our minds off the craziness of having three kids, and Jeff's schedule that leaves him tired, and me on my own way to much and one step from insanity!!!  I know how lucky we are to be blesses with such a great and healthy family, but there are times you just need a break and get back to the basics of "just us".  We have a week long camping trip planned coming up in August and I am looking forward to spending a night fishing and enjoying some one on one time, I will be counting the days.

4 comments:

  1. following from bloggy moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about titles. I changed mine several times but now I love it. :)

    Happy Anniversary. I am so glad you were able to get away.

    I found you through bloggy moms and I am now following you.
    www.sweetteaandgiggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just changed the title of my blog too. It's SO important to have time alone with your husband. We try to have someone come in once a week so we could go out to dinner or a movie alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from Bloggy Moms! =)

    ReplyDelete