Monday, April 9, 2012

A Kiss Goodnight...

So I am still not keeping caught up!!  I have to make time for this story...

The day was rough, I am sick and have not slept in nights, the boys were not on their best behavior today to say the least.  This evening came and a calm just came over the house, a very very much needed calm!!!  It was such a nice peaceful evening filled with playing with cars, snuggles, puzzle time, and there was no running from mom at bedtime potty time and teeth brushing, WOW THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!  I told them beings they were so good at getting ready for bed we could read extra books (we read 8!!!)  One of the books they picked was A Kiss Goodnight.  I love this book I can remember reading this to Ethan so many years ago :(  The boys were sitting so nicely on each side of me so attentive soaking in every bit of it, waiting to see just what Sam was waiting for, a goodnight kiss of course.  After reading a few more books we sat on the couch continuing with this odd sort of calm and sweetness, and Dylan looks at me and whispers, "mom, I can't go to sleep."  I looked at him thinking oh no maybe that nap this afternoon was a bad idea, and asked "why", scared of the reply I may get.  He answered back with the cutest smile and eye flutter, "because I am waiting."  Awe that just warmed my heart and soul, at that moment all the crazness and stress of the day just left my body and all was perfect in that moment!  One mother of twins told me long ago, around 8 months of not sleeping more than two hours straight, God never gives us more than we can't handle.  You know there is rarely a day that goes by that I don't think of this, and I think God perhaps gave me more credit that was due some days.  Today was that sort of day, just wandering what on earth I have gotten myself into with these two wild ones.  I have to think that sweet moments like these have been little reminders from God, he saw I was struggling today and sent this sign to me.  A sort of keep your head up mama, they may not show their sweet side all the time, but it is in there.  So here is hoping for a great tomorrow, and many many more moments like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment